Quotes that Say Something


"Please, dad, get down and look. I think there's some kind of monster under my bed."

Life when seen in close-up often seems tragic, but in wide-angle it often seems comic. -- Charlie Chaplin

"And when the cloudbursts thunder in your ear, you shout, but no one's there to hear. And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon." -- Roger Waters, "Brain Damage"


Sep 9, 2013

Getting There



I have devoted every negotiable minute during the past, post-vacation month to writing a piece of short fiction called "Constant Companions."
I am anxious to conclude (!) this effort, but I just can't find the right plot bite and rhetorical balance to deliver the final goods.
Meanwhile, a recent fiction addition to this blog -- "Nica's Selfie" -- continues to draw a lot of attention. See the post below.
Thanks to all. Please bear with me; I don't want this problematic new story, that has roots in a true-life circumstance that occured long ago, to turn out to be the contant companion after all. 
Butch
 
##### 

No comments:

Post a Comment