Quotes that Say Something


"Please, dad, get down and look. I think there's some kind of monster under my bed."

Life when seen in close-up often seems tragic, but in wide-angle it often seems comic. -- Charlie Chaplin

"And when the cloudbursts thunder in your ear, you shout, but no one's there to hear. And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon." -- Roger Waters, "Brain Damage"


Jul 13, 2011

Disagreement, But Not Disagreeable

Time has come today young hearts can go their way
   can't put it off another day
I don't care what others say they say
  We don't listen anyway
Time has come today, hey

The room has changed today I have no place to stay
I'm thinking about the subway
   my love has blown away
My tears have come and gone -- O, Lord I got to run
   I got no home no, I have no home

Now the time has come
  nowhere (place) to run
Might get burned up by the sun but
  I'll have my fun
I've been loved, pushed (put) aside
I've been crushed by tumbling tide
  and my soul has been psychedelicized
Now the time has come and there are things to realize
Time has come today
Time has come today
Time

          "Time (Has Come Today)," The Chambers Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment