Quotes that Say Something


"Please, dad, get down and look. I think there's some kind of monster under my bed."

Life when seen in close-up often seems tragic, but in wide-angle it often seems comic. -- Charlie Chaplin

"And when the cloudbursts thunder in your ear, you shout, but no one's there to hear. And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon." -- Roger Waters, "Brain Damage"


Sep 28, 2010

Right Now

Today, a bittersweet irony came knocking again. It messaged me that 'a this' or 'a that' reality can look, sound, take shape -- chameleon-like -- in its time. And then, years later, the colors, and the meanings, morph. A hermeneutic struts, struggling, on. The words on the page alter. Watercolor pictures spring to life, as if not seen before. Symbols paint truths and disclose meanings wildly, unsuspected. The drama rolls. The fabric of life becomes your new right now. 

Old fashioned feelings
The new way of dealing
With love I see
These times were meant for me
No no no no no...
The past isn't anymore
The future only has in store
And round and round
and round it goes
And where it stops nobody knows
As far as I can tell
The only game in town is going down
And only happens
In the right now


-- "Right Now," Stephen Stills


Are you the Monster or am I? -- Maybe it's both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment